Session harvest - Visual Intelligence
VISUAL INTELLIGENCE - Session harvest All your sharings are so precious to us that we have collected all of them in one place here in one blog. We will share all your sharings of each session. Enjoy this COLLECTION (and continue to add more)
Anuj Shared:
When Suhrud drew a 🌈 today heknew from somewhere it has specific colours (didn't know which though) . untill now rainbow for him was all about an arch shape and some colours (didn't know it is VIBGYOR). And we hadn't instructed him to "rectify" "his rainbow", Thankfully!
Today he asked "dad tell me the colours that make a rainbow, I know there are specific colours but don't know which."
No matter how much we tried to not help him with colour names, he wanted to get it out from us, so his dad to
ld him the sequence of colours and he coloured pondering on questions like, what is indigo colour? Is it same as dark blue or violet? Does red come on top arch or innermost arch? And many more. Ofcourse we tried hard to holdback and said "what do you think!"
Finally when I peeped over his rainbow I saw more than 7 arches, and asked doesn't rainbow have 7 arches? (It's difficult to give up Exacting no matter how conscious we are!)
And he said, "Yes may be, but this is my double rainbow 🌈 🌈Do u remember we had seen 2 rainbows on our last trip to Coorg? (Which was 8-9 months back)"
I ended up smiling a double rainbow, to him and to myself!
It was as if he was giving me a revision on last 2 sessions on integrated learning- Seeing shapes, colours, layers and sequence, collecting all that he had been experiencing to create his rainbow, testing my limits to hold myself back on explaining, expecting, exclaiming and exacting and so many more...
I loved the phrase when I heard it yesterday, "Curating the Experience" and this might not be the best of examples in it, but I am glad I have hopped onto the journey!
Kanupriay shared: Visual Intelligence - many a times i scooped grains like this but never paid attention but other day when my son was having fun with grains he said - "I made a ❤ for you"

Shilpa Gore sharing:
| Shapes |
| Curve lines, straight lines |
Parul Sharing: I dont know following are visual intelligence or not but my son stories amaze me: glass colours become painting colours and how they remove differently from hands as compare to posters colours
![]() |
| Making chair a swing |
![]() |
| Rain crashes sun and make cartoon wet and many more.... |

Few things I could jot down... And am sure the map will keep expanding as I ponder more on it.when we use play is every aspect it engages us in that at a diff level. Like e.g. Music intelligence- I have observed that when my kid plays with his own words on a tune he tends to remember the tune better, when he was playing with the keys by himself without my instructions, he caught up saregama sargam himself.. And I can think of such examples in almost every intelligence.
I didn't govern this activity in anyway and she enjoyed it thoroughly!!






Comments
Post a Comment