Thought Bite - Constructing learning from Failure - Designing Experimentation


On Thursday we reached till the roof level, the bamboo order placed after lot of search and negotiations………….and about to start roof work from Monday. On Saturday morning we saw, three walls collapsed, the entire structure was down.

Shared Asawari, "I have few reasons the structure could have broken – too much weight of the roof triangle or as the structure was built slowly; the lower bags torn with UV rays and stopped supporting the structure. Since the structure collapsed, money, effort, and material have gone waste. Getting funds is difficult for me, I unhappy to get more. I am sad but still I am happy that it collapsed now instead of when we put the roof or worse we are cooking, eating inside. Some questions I have to myself".

  • How is this experience helping me to understand myself and the structure?
  • How would have my experience be different if the first structure would
  • have been successful, would have my learning been less/different?
  • How can I understand the science behind the fall?
  • What should I do now?
  • What should I do differently?
  • Should I continue with the same material, structure or change the
  • material and structure design?
  • How will changing help me understand earthbag material?
  • Where should I change my working style so the kitchen can benefit?
  • When should I restart the structure, immediately with energy or after
  • some time of thinking and researching?
  • Who decided the mistake, who will decide in the next building what
  • mistakes I am making?
  • Who should redesign the structure of me or a professional?
  • Why is science important in the structure?
  • What else I can do to make support the making of the next structure?
  • What if the next structure also fails?
  • What if the funds are low/nil?
  • Why is funding a challenging work for me?

I am still understanding how to move ahead. Sriram uncle is confident to rebuild the structure the same way with a few changes. Rajesh uncle is also coming to visit and help us out.

Let's see what will happen.

THE FULL ARTICLE - https://aarohilife.org/home/content/kitchen-walls-collapsed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought Bite - Maths on the road ! - Logical Intelligence

Thought Bite - Oh No! It's time to do some unlearning

Thought bites - MATH-LOGIC INTELLIGENCE