Thought Bite - Nature Naturally



Nature intelligence is an ability to feel the different elements of nature, notice the patterns, sequences happening in the natural world. The ability to become a participant of the various different aspects happening around us, caring for it highlights the presence of nature intelligence. The intrinsic curiosity towards the living and nonliving elements, the ability to identify, differentiates, to organize the natural surroundings, phenomenon points towards nature intelligence. To read more:

Elements of Nature Intelligence:


More details - The Original Article - https://aarohilife.org/home/content/nature-genie

Activities examples, Real Life experiences, Places where and how one create opportunity of exposure.

  • Show or share “a creeper climbing in without any root. A leaf changing its colour, a creeper climbing on different trees in different form, different chargers having different ratings.
  • Use tool like magnifying glass to see.
  • Do activity like “jump and observe heart beat and breathing”.
  • Notice specific actions like "movement" of big and small wheel in a machine. (If I say observe machine, it has the danger of observing the colour of the machine :-)
  • While observing any creature, not focus on it’s colour shape and size. rather observe how it walks? Or how the color and size affect his walk or what is the role of color? How many legs he has? When it walks does it use all of it’s legs? Does he has face? Does it breathe? how it breaths? Etc..
  • Collect quantitative data – like collect temperature everyday
  • Collect qualitative data like where all do I see things blowing like milk boiling, puri blows up, swelling is blowing, bump on head is blowing and so on. But my tiffin does not blow with heat or bump it shrink and I collect data on shrinking …..............and the chain continues.
  • Give exposure to various scientific phenomenon and directly ask question “what question are coming to mind?” See video about any science concept and write five questions about the concept. Notice and ask "Where else do I see things which blows".\
  • Question what wind is made up of, why it moves in certain direction, how I can apply my understanding about wind energy to address my needs, etc? Similarly, ask question about feelings. Say, what is the scare feeling made up? Is there any material which is generated or moves inside my body? What is the effect of this feeling on my stomach, hand, toungue, lungs….? How long is the effect of this feeling? How can I measure the intensity of my feelings, etc?
  • Notice a scientific phenomenon and share “Sun red in the evening”.
  • Problem solving situation like pressure cooker not whistling or curd is not setting, clothes not getting dried, water not coming in tap, at hill station soap not getting washed away.....
  • Create challenge like Make a stone float.
  • Question proved scientific concepts like “sun is the source of energy of light for earth, Planet does not sparkle”
  • Question beliefs – What is in Vaccine, which makes me safe? What will happen If I do not get vaccinated?
  • Observe and then question - Puri is blowing up (observe). Where else do I see this happening (now I can make you think).
  • By using material, resources - Take different liquid of different density and play with it. Like touch, mix, taste, heat etc...
  • Activities to experiment with the same phenomenon in different places - So one meets evaporation in cooking, in rain cycle, in farming, in drying wings of birds and so on.
  • Set up experiment to test an hypothesis “I think bore-well water causes people to become black or develop stomach disease” “I think bathing is hygienic”.
  • Do not conclude so soon - Set up more experiments.
  • Observer different things in different places and I correlate. Puri also blows up and milk also blows up – I make conclusions that it may be to do with the temperature and further investigate and experiment. When I ask you to correlate - Bernaulli theorem is correlation of speed, volume and pressure. Archimedes is between density and volume, Newtons; first law – correlation of ac tion and reaction
  • Make conclusions based on - Collect data and conclude based on those - All things with water evaporates, Evening sun is Orange.
  • Questioning leading to conclusion – Why do rainbows are found and I come up with my own answer. Sugar mixes in water because it is sweet, Salty things also dissolve because they are salty, so salty and sweet things dissolve.
  • Do experiments and conclude - All things heated up with water blows up.
  • Co relation can lead to conclusion - Mix water in various sherbets and juices hence water is sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought Bite - Maths on the road ! - Logical Intelligence

Thought Bite - Oh No! It's time to do some unlearning

Thought bites - MATH-LOGIC INTELLIGENCE