Session Harvest - Activation
All your sharings are so precious to us that we have collected all of them in one place here in one blog. We will share all your sharings of each session. Enjoy this COLLECTION (and continue to add more)
Bhanu Sharing - My little Monkey: Mamma one day I want to eat this banana sitting on a Lion
![]() |
Me (Mamma): well very risky and quite not possible
After some timeMy Little Monkey: well mamma nothing is impossible...I can do it
Me: How
My Little Monkey: come I will show and he did this
Me: I rest my case...Sorry and by the way 👨🏫Happy Teachers Day👨🏫my Baby and thank you for all the lesson
Suma Sharing, My son made this dumper truck with some waste box I was throwing.
I was like no v ll throw it .. v can't collect garbage at home...but he insisted he wanted to keep it and made this in a minute... I was so amazed with this creativity... Had I forced n taken it away would I be able to see this marvel ..( fyi he Is 3).
Raj sharing, with our 3 yr old... I have started to let my kiddo collect whatever he wants to at home n from garden/ground,etc (what we might other wise categorise as thrash).. It amazing when they can recollect what they have (materials) when they r into creating something. It's their own way of having easy access to resources they might need without depending on us. And it always surprises us to see what other use could that so called thrash have.. (frugal engineering). Am glad u let him be and he knocked u off! These r happy realisations we parents have 😁
Shivani Sharing,
Dear all, happy teacher's day. I would like to share something that happened last night while having dinner. We were having dinner , my son who is (7yrs)was sitting in front of me and behind my chair there is a hula hoop hanging. He asked "mumma why is this shadow bigger than hula hoop" I gave it a pause as I didn't understand because my attention will never go there . I asked what do you mean. He said "mumma look behind why is that hula hoop's shadow bigger than hula hoop. As Thursday's session is still floating around me I didn't start the physics lecture instead we started thinking together till today morning. This morning he saw the shadow again and said mumma it's not bigger now. We continued thinking till his dad explained him about sun's direction and all while playing basketball as he noticed the ball's shadow as well. Then I asked a question but there was no sunlight last night when we saw the shadow. He replied perhaps because of moonlight and he continued" no because of the lights of our room "and we left it there. The reason I am sharing this is because I felt lot of activation was happening together.
Pratibha Shared - DRUMMING VIDEO - Activation
-
Initially, the little ones pick random materials, striking them to listen to the sound it produced and gradually settling down by themselves. Children are seen enjoying playing the damrus, observing musical instruments like the cymbal, experimenting by tapping cups on a tabla, figuring out if the tabla would stand straight.
-
Some are even seen using multiple materials at a time trying to mimic a rhythmic pattern, exploring by hitting a plastic container on the floor at a certain interval to mimic the drum sound. So, when the beats of the drum increased children actually wanted to produce the beat at the same speed.
-
Children communicated with each other by showing their peers how an instrument is played. When they heard sounds like “Ho”, some children responded by mimicking rhythmically back and improvising the pattern gradually. One also notices a child taking the lead and the rest including the adults following his beats.
-
Children seemed to know naturally it is their turn to make some sounds in moments like the clap for instance. I think leaving these pauses for young children encouraged their responses.
-
Children are brilliant observers. For instance, a girl child in a green shirt takes musical materials and is seen offering it to another girl child wearing a pink dress who is noticeably very quiet. The exciting bit about this is, she had not only observed this child was quiet but also did not have any instruments as well. Probably she was helping break the ice by expressing indirectly, “Come join our musical band. It's fun.” Though the quiet child is seen a lot of time sitting on her mat without participation, she looked around, observing what was going on for a consistent amount of time but did not give many overt responses. However, she smiles very often watching children excitedly moving to the beats of the drum, mimicking the sounds, enjoying the high and low tones of the drum. It seemed like she was getting acquainted with the music or activities but was not yet prepared to respond to them but just absorbing all of it.
From these few observations in this informal setting, what I understand is that even without verbal explanations children are aware of what needs to be done. ACTIVATION happens differently for every child in the same environment with less adult interference.



Comments
Post a Comment