First outdoor with different age kids. The goal was to explore “maths in Traffic”. We began by collecting data at two different signals. We counted vehicles, categorized them like color, size, shape, brand, and so on. We explored a lot of concepts – counting, addition, subtraction ratio, and proportion. We analyzed the data in different forms – graphs, writing words instead of numbers, drawing designs in graphs, the ratio of male and female drivers, people with hamlets and without a helmet and inferring ratio, brands of bikes, colors of bikes (black was more than red), unique colors (green car) and so on. It was learning for me to explore how different children were counting, how they were analyzing the data, how they were observing, and lot more……… KIDS SPEAK I observed the waiting at a junction and were letting other vehicles cross. I observed the timings at the signals, the second, sequence. I observed the dividers, speed breakers, and the roads. I wrote down what ...
Comments
Post a Comment